Gazette Article - How To Properly Handle Trout!

Thursday, August 2, 2012

America's Mountain In Black And White

I recently saw a commercial during the Olympics where they called Pikes Peak America's Mountain.  It's ironic that all of us Springs residents wake up every morning in the shadow of one of the most beautiful mountains in the country, and think nothing of it because we all subconsciously associate our mountain with what a mountain should look like.  All of the recent events have put our state in the National spotlight, and i am just as guilty as the next person when it comes to taking the surrounding beauty for granted.

In fact even though I make what some people might call a "living" by taking part in nature as a flyfishing guide it took a fire in 11Mile Canyon and half of our mountain burning up for me to realize that what we have living in Colorado Springs is a complete and total blessing.  All this media coverage of the fire and shooting have shown the rest of the people in this country two things.  First is that Colorado residents are a resilient bunch, and second is that our state is one of the most beautiful places on Earth.  If you need further daily proof of that then look up and follow "The Pikes Peak Guy" on Facebook.

He has dedicated his life to taking photos of "America's Mountain" from all angles 365 days a year.  In fact it is so refreshing to get on Facebook and see his photos every day that I was inspired to get off my fat butt and take some photos myself.  Obviously I'm not going to quit my day job but I think the photos came out alright.  It was sunrise around 8 a.m. and there was a cloud covering part of the mountain and Kissing Camels in shade.   I picked my favorite four of the group that showed the cloud moving away to reveal the rock formations.  Here they are...


What the morning started out like


Cloud moving away



Still moving away.  This is my favorite of the four.



Tada!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *